Dear Authors (particularly teen authors),
Are you interested in co-authoring a workbook or designing a genius or other resource? Grow a Generation accepts only e-submissions, and our process is streamlined in order to stay current.
The first thing we look at is your query letter. It must contain the following:
1. What type of resource are you proposing
2. Describe a brief summary.
3. Why are you qualified to write this resource?
Remember, authors, that a query is a first impression. If it does not follow our guidelines, it is not making a good first impression.
PLEASE NOTE: All submissions should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unsolicited hard-copy submissions will not be considered at this time. Serious inquiries only.
1. Project handkbooks describing the steps needed to accomplish a teen leadership project.
2. Skill Workbooks that provide a parent and teen the opportuntiy to further develop a a facet of one of the Grow a Generation 21st century skills:a. Innovation b. Critical Thinking c. Collaboration d. Emotional Intelligence e. Resilience f. Leadership g. Vision
3. Myth and or Metaphors that demonstrate one of the seven skills in a children’s story.
4. Artistic products that celebration childhood dreams and passion based projects.
Submission e-mail must include the following items:
- A subject line including the word count, genre (and, if applicable, subgenre), and title of the manuscript
- A maximum of 1-2 sentences within the e-mail body
- Microsoft Word attachment: Query letter, including personal information (detailed below)
- Microsoft Word attachment: 2- to 5- page synopsis of workbook
All submissions should be in standard manuscript format.
- Microsoft Word document
- 1-inch margins
- 0.5-inch indentation at the beginning of each paragraph
- Times New Roman font, 12 point
- Double spaced
- Header on every page containing title, genre, page number, author name and contact information
Personal Information should include the following:
- Name (and pseudonym if applicable)
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Web address (if available)
Reasons your submission may not be reviewed:
- Any of the above guidelines have not been followed.
- You ask if we would like to review your manuscript but fail to attach it.
- Your submission is in a genre we do not produce.
- You send the same submission multiple times, changing the title or other identifying elements.
- You mail an unsolicited hard copy rather than e-mailing as directed above